Saturday, April 10, 2010

Wolf Fundraising and Awareness Organization

Again thanks to Brandon and Make a Chimp Smile, I want to start my own campaign. I've got the idea, the name, the logo and I've already started raising funds from my own pocket! I'm not sure I want to reveal anything just yet...I think I need it to simmer for a little bit longer, but I will go into how I'm getting money right now.

For every day of the month I will putting away money. Each day will determine how much money goes into the pot. For instance, 1 cent for the 1st of the month, 15 cents on the 15th, 25 cents on the 25th and so on until the end of the month and the cycle will repeat. I realize this doesn't raise a whole lot of money in one month...but for a semi-poor college graduate with a part-time job of $8 an hour and bills to pay...its a lot and every bit helps in the end....I'm also doing the same thing for my graduate school fund right now. I figure though at least every month will have a set amount of money, that way no one month is way lower than the next. To keep myself and everyone updated, I'll have a money count at the end of the month, and then two counts at the end there after (1 for the current and the other for the months combined to record how much was saved).

Currently, I have $0.55....I'm projecting by the end of April (and every month consisting of 30 days), I'll have raised $4.65 ($4.96 for months with 31 days)
It's going to be a long way to graduate school -.-

I'm starting this a little quietly so I can learn more about it before I present it to the masses. This way I'm hoping to work out all the bugs. As Bob would say, "Baby Steps". If you care for more information, shoot me an email.

No comments:

Post a Comment